Friday, September 20, 2013

How to manage multiple sessions from Chrome

I use this trick to manage multiple sessions while developing. For instance, sometimes I need to log in to a system that I am developing as a student, and sometimes I need to log in as a professor. It bothers me to have to log out and log back in all the time.

Chrome has a slick way of switching back and forth.

Use 'user profiles' to have multiple sessions.

To add a new user:
  • Click on the menu in your browser toolbar and select Settings. 
  • In the "Users" tab, click the [Add new user] button. 
  • When the confirmation dialog appears, select a picture and enter a name for the new user. Click [Create]. 
  • A new window for the user should appear, with a picture you've chosen for the user in the top corner. 

Groovy eh?

Each user profile can also sync up with all the bookmarks, extensions, theme, and browser settings for it if you're signed in. I don't use this quite as much... but I do make use of the feature of web development.


No comments:

Post a Comment